Re: Request for comments: Redesign of TimeSignature

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Request for comments: Redesign of TimeSignature
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 14:43:09 +0200

Han-Wen wrote:

As an aside,  I do like your syntax

   \time 4[2:2:...]/4

but for other purposes, eg.

    \time 7[2:2:3]/8
    \time 7[2:3:2]/8

ROTFL!
Well, yes, I agree. Or perhaps more like

\time 22[3-2:3-2-2|3-3:2-2]/8

(Which reminds me to remind you that Pat Metheny Group in theese days are touring Europe. If you have any interrests in 1970ths style fusion jazz then I REALLY would recommend you to see the concert - which I have seen twice, now, without regret)

Idea is that ":" produces a dotted barline, "|" produces a "real" barline and "-" produces no barline.

-Rune