Re: Upgrading to 1.5.52

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Upgrading to 1.5.52
Date: 27 May 2002 09:27:04 -0400

    Han-Wen> address@hidden writes:
    >> As far as I know, there is no fixed date for 1.6.0, but it
    >> should appear fairly soon.

    Han-Wen> Personally, I think we only have to fix

    Han-Wen> 1) the way kneed beams are typeset,

    Han-Wen> 2) shuffle around engravers for nested grace beams

    Han-Wen> and then 1.6 is feature complete.

    >> My incipits
    >> are a little bit screwed up, and the custos is missing, but otherwise
    >> most of my stuff "just works".
    >>

    Juergen> "music").  Currently, you have to say something like

    Juergen> \property Staff.Clef \set #'font-family = #'ancient
    Juergen> \property Staff.Accidentals \set #'font-family = #'ancient
    Juergen> \property Staff.Custos \set #'font-family = #'ancient

    Juergen> etc.  to access them.  This should also solve
    Juergen> your custos problem.

    Juergen> Unfortunately, this currently does not work for
    Juergen> TimeSignature for some internal reasons of lily (to be
    Juergen> more precise, alist font selection in scm/font.scm);
    Juergen> i.e. mensural time signatures currently do not work at
    Juergen> all.  This should be fixed until 1.6.

It looks to me (from running 1.5.58 on time.ly) that this
still doesn't work.  This means that 1.5 is not feature complete from
my point of view.

Given the 1-style works, I'm not saying the old time signatures are an
*important* feature for what I do, but it is a feature I was using in
1.4, and would expect to be able to use in 1.5.  Especially since
switching between 1.4 and 1.5 is a non-trivial task.

I also ran 1.5.58 on ancient-font.ly, and there are some things that
look pretty wierd to me.  Specifically, I would guess that the
squiggles in the second staff of the third system should line up
differently with the stems.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139
(If I haven't invited you to my party on June 2, I'm sure it's an oversight.)