Re: (no subject)

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:46:23 +0200

Deborah Lowrey <address@hidden> writes:

> No specific error messages were given on what files
> were incomplete via the window error

Ok, too bad.

> When I looked at the setup.log, a strange thing...
> time. (I.E. Wrong size message for
> guile-1.5.6-5.tar.bz2 was 112720 actual VS 112566
> expected.)

Ah.  The size (and expected size, of course) should be 112720, as I
checked now.

>>>    wget -P /tmp
>>>http://lilypond.org/cygwin/tar/guile/libguile14/libguile14-1.5.6-5.tar.bz2
>>>    cd /
>>>    tar xjf /tmp/libguile14-1.5.6-5.tar.bz2
>
> Not sure if its because I have Windows, but I'm not
> able to use the command 'wget',

I see it's not bundled, but it's a separate package, available from
Cygwin.  Just a handy dowload tool.

> I was able to work it out and get the libguile installed and have
> run ly2dvi successfully.

Very good.

> Hope the above information can be helpful.

Yes, it probably means that I goofed when I fixed up setup.ini
manually.  Now, why would I want to do that?

> If there's anything I can do to help I would be glad
> to.

Thank for the heads up; and yes, you can.  Last night, I've made the
new tetex release available.  See next mail.  This should go into
Cygwin, if the main developers don't see problems with it.  Preparing
but not providing this meant I had to juggle a bit.

> Hopefully this information helps.

It would no harm to put some of this in the wiki.

Jan.