Re: tool for identifying LilyPond grobs

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: tool for identifying LilyPond grobs
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:10:43 +0200 (CEST)

> > time to find out what property of which grob should be modified.  Many
> > examples should be added as soon as the interface and syntax of
> > \property is really stable.
>
> But why is the input element relevant? If you want to modify the stem,
> look into the internals doc for Stem, ditto for NoteHead.  If we have
> unpredicable names for grob, then please report them.

A *lot* of them are ambiguous.  E.g. `Accidental'
vs. `AccidentalPlacement', `SostenutoPedal' vs. `SustainPedal'
vs. the `...LineSpanner' variants, `TextScript' vs. `TextSpanner',
etc.  Note that I'm a kind of novice who doesn't have enough
background info yet to automatically associate all elements correctly.

    Werner