cotrol of broken ties

From: Han-Wen
Subject: cotrol of broken ties
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 12:41:15 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> How can I control broken ties?  It is sometimes necessary that ties
> ending and starting a line should have different vertical/horizontal
> offsets due to the cautionary accidentals at the beginning of a line.
> Is there an example somehow?  In general, I assume that tie properties
> can be accessed similarly to accidentals.  Please give me an example
> to experiment.

You're the first one ever to ask about broken spanners, (I am surpised
no-one did it before), but there is no real way to control them except
by getting your hands dirty. The problem is that during input &
interpretation one doesn't know if a spanner is broken or not.  I
haven't thought of what kind of interface should be provided.

Dirty method:

\header {

         texidoc = "Broken spanners can be adjusted individually, but
this requires complicated scheme code.
  "

}

#(define (my-callback grob)
  (let* (
      (o (get-original grob))
      (b (if (ly-grob? o) (get-broken-into o) '() ))
      )

    ;; Call the equivalent of Tie::after_line_breaking
    ;; if you're using this for other grob-types.

    (if (and  (>= (length b) 2) (eq? (car (last-pair b)) grob))
        (ly-set-grob-property! grob 'extra-offset '(4 . -2))
        )
  ))

#(debug-enable 'backtrace)

\score {\notes {
    \property Voice.Tie \override #'after-line-breaking-callback =
       #my-callback
    c1\break ~ c2 ~ c
}
    \paper { linewidth= 5.0 \cm }