Re: extending ly2dvi

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: extending ly2dvi
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:26:43 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> > I think that having --preprocessor is feeping creaturitis, and I
> > don't really see the point.
>
> See example below.
>
> > > PS: m4 seems to be suited well for preprocessing LilyPond input;
> > >     at least I've used it successfully.
> >
> > I tried a long time ago, and got barking mad from the strange
> > quoting rules. Anyways, IMNSHO, Macro Languages Suck (tm).
>
> Well, here is an example.  Since you won't add variables to macros, I
> *have* to use m4 or something similar to avoid extremely unreadable
> ly files.  Other suggestions how to handle this are highly welcome.

I can't tell for sure that this is the problem, but it seems that your
file contains too many things that lily doesn't handle well. Focusing
on each problem, problem for problem could eliminate perhaps 90% of
the instructions.  Writing the rest in full is not so much a burden
then.

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen