midi2ly error

From: Deborah Lowrey
Subject: midi2ly error
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:20:23 -0700 (PDT)

Dear LilyPond,

I'm using 1.5.66 for Windows and when I try to use
midi2ly, I get the following error:

address@hidden ~$ midi2ly h20.mid
/usr/bin/midi2ly:426: SyntaxWarning: name
'reference_note' is used prior to glob
al declaration
  def dump (self):
/usr/bin/midi2ly:0: SyntaxWarning: name 'absolute_p'
is assigned to before globa
l declaration
/usr/bin/midi2ly:0: SyntaxWarning: name
'duration_quant' is assigned to before g
lobal declaration
/usr/bin/midi2ly:0: SyntaxWarning: name
'explicit_durations_p' is assigned to be
fore global declaration
/usr/bin/midi2ly:0: SyntaxWarning: name 'key' is
assigned to before global decla
ration
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/midi2ly", line 42, in ?
    import midi
ImportError: No module named midi

I'm not very familiar with editing midi events (yet).
I have tried other mid and midi files created with
different programs and software, format 0 and 1 and
other mid and midis created by others. I always get
the same error message. I had the same problem when I
was using 1.4 versions and past 1.5 versions. Can any
one help?

Thanks,

Deborah