Re: Tab one octave off?

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Tab one octave off?
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 00:29:38 +0200

Lamy Jean-Baptiste wrote:

But please can you go further and explain me what is the "G_8" ? I have
only a very limited musical knowledge, and i have never used
non-tablature-based system.

Don't worry about this - this is one of the things that currently works as it should in lilypond. Problem is that former music often was notated one octave off so that one wrote c'' when one really meant c'. Lilypond now uses the correct octave as it (imho - and in davids ho) should. If one really NEEDS to write music one octave off then one can do so by using the lilypond transpose-command - as i explained to david in an earlier posting.

-Rune