Re: Still missing some ancient clefs

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: Still missing some ancient clefs
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:09:14 +0200 (CEST)

On 27 Aug 2002, Laura Conrad wrote:

> When I build input/test/ancient-font.ly, I'm still missing some
> clefs.  I've done all the font cleaning I know how to do, and there
> aren't any funny symbols instead of the C clefs I'm looking for, but
> there aren't very many clefs, either.

ancient-font.ly is not quite up to date, though I would have expected
different things to be broken; I will have a look at it today or
tomorrow evening.

Some fixes that I originally wanted to be put into the 1.6 series
unfortunately did not make it any more into 1.6.0; most notibly a clean
solution to the font-family problem is still missing (which your problem
may be related to).  I think on the list we finally agreed that, to get
rid of font-family, we need some kind of virtual font with more than
256 characters.

Greetings,
Juergen