Re: pagenumber in ly2dvi

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: pagenumber in ly2dvi
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:11:05 -0700

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:41:18 +0200
Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:
> The problem is that ly2dvi has no knowledge about how many
> pages the resulting document will have. This is determined
> by TeX. So, you have to implement the feature using TeX.
>
> One possible implementation is to always include \thecopyright
> in the definition of address@hidden and add a line at the end of
> the definition of \thecopyright that makes \lilypondcopyright
> undefined after the first time it's used.

That sounds like an icky solution -- I'd prefer to leave all the
header definitions as simple as they are now.

Judging from def global_latex_definition in ly2dvi, TeX will
take the last style definition.  So if we can translate
"if page number = 1 then thispagestyle{onlypage}" into TeX,
all will be well.  (my intuition as a semi-non-programmer is
that having a different page style is a "better" solution than
messing with the definition of \thecopyright)

I found a command "\folio" which claims to give the page number (at
http://nwalsh.com/tex/texhelp/Plain.html    ), but I don't know how
to check what its value is ( do I do "\if\folio=1" or "\ifx\folio\1"
or "\ifnum\folio=1" or... I've never used TeX before; I just used
LaTeX to format my phil papers).

Any hints on dealing with TeX?  I'm sure that a one-liner would do it;
something like:
s = s + '\\if\\$SOMETHING=1\\thispagestyle{onlypage}\\fi\n'
will solve it; the only problem is figuring out what that one line
should be...

(alternately I could pad all my scores so that all parts used more than
one page.  :)