pagenumber in ly2dvi

From: Graham Percival
Subject: pagenumber in ly2dvi
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:30:16 -0700

I'm trying to fix the "don't display copyright string with a one-page
score" bug.  I've added a "onlypage" style in titledefs.tex , but I'm
stumped with ly2dvi -- how can I tell how many pages there are from
within ly2dvi?

extra['pagenumber'] always reports [1] and never changes.  What's
extra['pagenumber'] supposed to do?  Is this a bug?  Is there another
variable that can tell me how many pages there are?!

If there _is_ a real pagenumber variable, then it's a four-line patch.
In def global_latex_definition (tfiles, extra):  (approximately line
685):
----
   if pagenumber == 1:
      s = s + '\\thispagestyle{onlypage}\n'
   else:
      s = s + '\\thispagestyle{lastpage}\n'
----

As you can see, it all depends on the existence of a pagenumber
(or $Total_#_of_Pages) variable.  :(

Cheers