(patch) beginning of input/test cleanup

From: Graham Percival
Subject: (patch) beginning of input/test cleanup
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 07:42:59 -0700

In addition to the attached patch, I think we should rename some files
(I couldn't figure out how to create a patch that adds and removes
files; a few quick searches on google suggested that a maintainer needs
to do a cvs add/remove):

mv bar-number-every-5-reset.ly bar-number-every-five-reset.ly
mv bar-number-script-visibility.ly bar-number-show-all.ly
mv blank-notes.ly invis-notes.ly

I've got patches for all three, once there's something to patch against.

So far I've found 12 examples that IMO could be deleted (the example either
doesn't seem to demonstrate anything, or I think the example is covered
elsewhere); one of them (beam-position.ly) should definately be deleted,
since it mimics another example (beam-control.ly).

Should I put the case forward that they should be deleted now, or should
I wait until I've looked at the whole directory and deal with all deletions
then?  (so far I've just done the As and Bs)

Here's the list, if you're interested in looking at them now:

address@hidden:~/dev/lilypond/input/test$ grep delete *
ac-extra-voice.ly:% I don't know what this example is supposed to do.  delete
it?
beam-abbrev.ly:% TODO: delete me?  I think this is covered in the "tremolo
beam-chord.ly:%  I don't know what this is supposed to do.  delete it?
beam-damp.ly:% this example doesn't look very useful.  delete it?
beam-dir.ly:% huh?  What's the point of this?  delete it?
beam-neutral-direction.ly:%  then I think we should delete this.
beam-pos.ly:%  does this belong in regression?  delete it?  it doens't look
beam-position.ly:%  worse example.  Definately delete it.
beam-second.ly:% delete me?
beam-suspect.ly:% I don't understand the point of this one.  delete it?
beam-trend.ly:% I don't see the point of this one.  delete it?
beamed-slur-endings.ly:% already have lots of examples of slurs.  delete it?

-----
Changelog:
2003-05-24  Graham Percival  <address@hidden>

        * input/test/[a-b]*: adds texinfo indexes, misc cleanups

-----