Re: A small script

From: Silvan
Subject: Re: A small script
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 21:51:13 -0400

On Friday 30 May 2003 08:33 am, Graham Percival wrote:

> This sounds like a good idea.  There's a number of helpful shell scripts
> floating around, but AFAIK the only place to find them is by reading

> Should we have an extra/ directory?  We could include this script, sly*,
> rumour*, etc.  (it would be a handy place to put all the emacs and vim
> files, too)
>
> * with permission of the authors, of course.

I think it would be a really good idea to put together some sort of script
repository, whether it's part of the core Lilypond distribution or not.

Maybe you could package it as a separate add-on or something.  If you're
afraid of annoying people with extra stuff, give it its own module in CVS and
set it up so that it must be checked out intentionally, then release it in a
separate tarball when the time comes.

Getting good scripts together where they can be found easily would be good for
everyone, I should think.  There are bound to be better scripts out there
than the ones I've slapped together for myself, for example, but I'm way too
lazy to go find them.  :)

--
Michael McIntyre         USDA zone 6b in SW VA, USA
Silvan <address@hidden> Linux Druid