Re: New website

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: New website
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 05:52:12 -0700

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:43:28 -0400
Julian Squires <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 05:35:52AM -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
> > address@hidden:~/dev/lilypond$ grep TODO `find`
> > bash: /bin/grep: Argument list too long
> > address@hidden:~/dev/lilypond$
>
> $ find | xargs grep TODO

OK, that definately produces output -- but is this really what we want
to include in the "But I'm not brilliant!" how-to-contribute document?
I don't know about the average tentative newbie contributor, but that
list certainly scares me!

Adding a "| less" to the end of that is a bit better, but I note that
the three and a half pages are in the Documentation/out-www/ and /out/
directories.

I'd be tempted to move this entry from the "but I'm not brilliant!"
section and up into the "brilliant hackers" section.  True, many
of the entries are in the doc stuff, but a brilliant hacker should
be able to tell the difference and concentrate on the code TODOs.
Not that we couldn't use brillint hackers improving the docs, of
course.  :)