Re: Debian (Sid) packages for Lilypond 2.0.1

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Debian (Sid) packages for Lilypond 2.0.1
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:25:37 -0700

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:17:46 +0800
Anthony Fok <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks for looking into this.  I just uploaded lilypond_2.1.0-1 to
> Debian's archive.

Thanks for your great work with packing Lilypond.  One question, though:
why 2.1.0 instead of 2.0.1?  2.0.x is the stable branch; I think it
might be more useful to include the stable branch as a debian package
instead of the unstable 2.1.x.  (right now 2.1.0 is pretty close to
stable, but that will change later on in the devel cycle)

In addition, do we still need the dummy package "lilypond1.3" ?  I don't
really know much about apt, dpkg, and deb, but I'd imagine that its
usefulness has ended.

Cheers,
- Graham Percival