Drums broken in 2.0.1?

From: R. D. Davis
Subject: Drums broken in 2.0.1?
Date: 22 Nov 2003 22:16:52 -0500
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:16:51 -0500

After finally getting Lilypond compiled successfully after installing
some more dependencies, nearly everything seemed to be working ok
except for drums, and this includes the drums in the
lilypond-2.0.1/input/regression/drums.ly script.  No errors were
produced, and the paper output appears ok; however, the drums sound
like some other instrument playing tones, not percussion.  Similarly,
with 2.1.0, the drums no longer sound right in the MIDI output from
other scripts (converted to 2.1.0) that I used with versions 1.6.x and
1.8.x.  Previously, the drums were ok.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Is there a simple fix?

--
Copyright (C) 2003 R. D. Davis The difference between humans & other animals:
All Rights Reserved            an unnatural belief that we're above Nature &