Re: Drums broken in 2.0.1?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Drums broken in 2.0.1?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:08:25 -0800

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:16:52 -0500
"R. D. Davis" <address@hidden> wrote:
> lilypond-2.0.1/input/regression/drums.ly script.  No errors were
> produced, and the paper output appears ok; however, the drums sound
> like some other instrument playing tones, not percussion.  Similarly,
> with 2.1.0, the drums no longer sound right in the MIDI output from
> other scripts (converted to 2.1.0) that I used with versions 1.6.x and
> 1.8.x.  Previously, the drums were ok.

Did you set the MIDI instrument?  Could you send a short example file
that demonstrates this?

There's two possible causes:
1.  The LilyPond syntax for percussion changed between 1.6 and 2.1, and
convert-ly didn't fix everything.
2.  There's a bug in the MIDI code for percussion in 2.1

Having a short example will let us figure out which one it is.