Re: Implementing denominator style for time signature

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Implementing denominator style for time signature
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:15:32 +0100

I'm not sure about what you mean by "denominator style". Is it that
you typeset the time signature as (sorry for the bad ASCII graphics)?

3

In that case (or most other layouts), I think it's overkill to write
new C++ code. Take a look at the example file
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/input/test/out-www/collated-files.html#time-signature-double.ly
which shows one example of how to build your own time signature layout
using the standard markup feature of LilyPond (see
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Text-markup.html ).

For example, the layout I sketched above can be produced by
modifying the time-signature-double.ly example to

tsMarkup = \markup {\column < \number 3 \small \note #2 #0 #0.7 > }

   /Mats

van Silfhout, Ruud wrote:
Hi,

As I picked up a project to create a hymne book using lilypond for a church in Eindhoven, I need some features which are not yet available from lilypond as it is now (I picked up a 2.1.0 version some weeks ago). As a newbie in lilypond devlopment, I tried to implement the denominator style for a time signature where it is possible to display a note as a denominator. I have two questions:
1. I changed the code such that  the denominator style is recognized, but I
need some C++ code on how to create a note.
2. I read in the header of the code that it can be replaced by markup code, but
I have no idea on how to do that. If that is the way to continue, can somebody
help me to implement it that way.

Bye,
Ruud van Silfhout

        Mats Bengtsson