Re: backtrace etc

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: backtrace etc
Date: 20 Feb 2004 17:00:06 +0000

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 16:45, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
> > I thought I had sent this many hours ago but it seems that it
> > disappeared before I could send it.
> >

> > > I'm trying to recreate the crash, but I'm failing so far.  However, I
> > > suspect that removing -O2 from the compile flags "fixes" the
> > > problem. Can you try that,
> >
> > Tried that.  Same story.  Signal 11 crash.
>
> I fixed a likely suspect for this bug in CVS. Can you try?

I'm currently using v2.1.25.hwn1/ChangeLog 1.1741 and it's fine.  In
fact it stopped doing the signall 11 crash a few CVS updates back
(1.1733).   I sent a note to that effect but maybe it disappeared into
the ether.

As for setting flags, I've just let it go "as is," that is, I have not
made any special changes with any compile flags.  Just:

make clean
./autogen.sh
make all
make install

...and for the moment it's behaving itself.

-David