Re: Unable to customize LilyPond variables

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: Unable to customize LilyPond variables
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 03:08:51 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 00:25:55 +0100 (CET) Reuben Thomas <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm not sure who's currently responsible for lilypond-indent.el, so I'm
> sending this to the list and to Heikki, who seems to be the main
> author.
>
> Variables such as LilyPond-indent-level claim to be customizable, but
> aren't, because they don't have group and type information:
>
> (defcustom LilyPond-indent-level 4
>   "*Indentation of lilypond statements with respect to containing
> block.")

At least, I have not tested the customizability of variables at any stage yet,
since the default settings seemed somehow fit just to my own needs.

> If someone can tell me where to send the fix, I'm happy to do the grunt
> work to fix it!

You're welcome to do it. I'd prefer address@hidden for (diff-)patches,
especially when they need some discussion. In that discussion list, Han-Wen or
Jan will also quickly notice if somebody needs to be granted writing
permissions for more frequent CVS commits.

This patch seems to be obvious, but it would be nice to give also a minimal
example, first, how it did not work and, second, how it became then fixed.
Patches for Emacs-mode may be applied by me.

Greetings,

  Heikki Junes