Rectangle around the note head

From: Matevz Jekovec
Subject: Rectangle around the note head
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 23:25:07 +0100

I was searching the documentation a bit for a feature which draws a rectangle around the certain note head (or streched around 2 notes when punctuated over the bar). We use this kind of arrangement, to mark a note that is the highest in the line (the melody climax) in our contrapunkt class and I think this has become a standard for all the contrapunkt classes around. Can anyone help me out? I'm sure you're way too busy with other lilypond features, so if this marginal feature is not already possible or there is too much work to implement it, I really apologize for your time.

Best regards!
- Matevz Jekovec
 a Slovenian music student