Re: reading material

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: reading material
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:18:39 +0100

Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:03:31 +0100, Han-Wen a dit :

 > Also, I must admit I learned as much Scheme as I needed to implement
 > parts of Lily; I still have only a dim understanding of more esoteric
 > Scheme topics like call/cc and hygienic macros.

[there are interesting examples of what can be done with continuations
in the book /On lisp/, by Paul Graham, available for free at
http://www.paulgraham.com/onlisptext.html -- chapters 20 to 24. The
book is dedicated to Common Lisp, but these chapters also show scheme
code with call/cc.]

 > If you have properly learned Scheme, you are already in a position to
 > rewrite parts of Lily, as my idiom is most likely rather
 > strange. Luckily, Nicolas has been helping us out by sanitizing parts
 > of the code.

However, I'm not sure if the little things I have "cleaned" or added
can be considered that clean. defmacro is said to be dirty by
schemers... or is that syntax-case or syntax-rules that are said to be
hygienic? gruik gruiiiik :-)

nicolas