Re: Why not to implement everything in scheme?

From: Julian Squires
Subject: Re: Why not to implement everything in scheme?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:44:35 -0500

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 09:01:17PM +0200, Heikki Johannes Junes wrote:
> Why not to implement everything in scheme and get rid of gcc -compiling of the
> source? Or, is it the lexical parser which forces the use of gcc?

Let's not forget that scheme can be compiled into fast code (see bigloo
etc).  I'd love to see lilypond become 100% scheme (or, in my
preference, common lisp, simply for the standard environment... also,
some of the compilers still seem to produce faster code).  But I suspect
that would be a rather mammoth undertaking.

Cheers.

--
Julian Squires