Why not to implement everything in scheme?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Why not to implement everything in scheme?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:18:10 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> Why not to implement everything in scheme and
> get rid of gcc -compiling of the source? Or, is it the lexical
> parser which forces the use of gcc?

I like Scheme very much, but I'm not sure still whether it's a
comfortable system for implementing large systems. I have my doubts
about code readability, and the fact that it is rather weakly and
dynamically typed.

Anyway, this discussion is academic, since we have a huge body of
working C++ code, and we are not going to scrap that.