Re: Slurs crossing a line break

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: Slurs crossing a line break
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 03:10:03 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 01:36:45 +0200 Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

> address@hidden writes:
> >
> > Would it be more beatiful, if the length of the slur were
> > (approximately)
> > doubled, and the slur were at the middle point (shown as `o´ in the
> examples below):
>

> It's best to check some good hand-engraved editions to see what the
> proper solution is.  I haven't seen what you suggest, but maybe I am
> misunderstanding you.

Probably. I would like to see one (possibly cut) slur between two notes (with a
line break between), not two or more subsequent slurs between two notes.
Ideologically, that is the only right solution, which might have been erronously
done even in hand-engraved editions. Simply, think that does "a()()b" or
"a()()()b" or any sense?

--
  Heikki Junes