Re: Call for help

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Call for help
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:28:22 +0200

Wed, 14 Apr 2004 00:19:23 +0200, Han-Wen a dit :

 > The

 > CODE JANITOR

 > makes sure that new C++ and Scheme code follows the standards.

 > Writing LilyPond code is an intensive --and sometimes frantic--
 > process, and the code that is written in deep-hack mode often is
 > unpolished.  The janitor helps by adding the polish, and standardizing
 > the code

 >   * Cleanup code spacing, formatting, indenting, file names, etc.

 >   * Standardize
 >     - error messages
 >     - doc strings
 >     - texidoc strings
 >     - function comments
 >     - debugging code

 >   * Submit pot files to the translation robot, and update the
 >     translations in CVS.

 >   * Define new coding style standards, where necessary.

 > REQUIREMENTS:

 > Moderate experience with programming C, Scheme and/or Python

This seems to be a large task, considering the size of LilyPond
sources. But I may do that, if there is not a rush of candidacies on
this job. (Note: my preferences lead me to scheme and python rather
than to C/C++, which remind me unpleasant-for-living-work)

nicolas