python style questions (Re: abc2ly and beams)

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: python style questions (Re: abc2ly and beams)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 00:05:47 +0200

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:14:19 +0200, Jan a dit :

 > Your `patch' included white space differences (fixes, actually), that
 > conflicted with the latest version.

 > I've now fixed all whitespace problems (using TAB for indentation
 > throughout).

According to Python Style Guide[1], 4 spaces per indentation level are
prefered over tabs (this is the default with Emacs' Python mode, with
indent-tabs-mode set to nil). It also says that invoking "python -t"
emits warnings when the code mixes tabs and spaces and recommends
using this option. It suggests doing "C-x h M-x untabify" when such a
warning is issued.

Except the use of TABs, are there differences between lilypond's
python coding standards and python.org's python stardards?

A brief check shows that they are some mixed indentation style left in
some python files. Is that the kind of update that I may do softly, or
should I submit a patch to you before, or ... ?

nicolas

[1] http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0008.html