Re: Bug repository UPLOADED!

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Bug repository UPLOADED!
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:22:23 +0200

On Thursday 22 April 2004 07.25, Edward Sanford Sutton, III wrote:
> On Wednesday April 21 2004 14:58, Erik Sandberg wrote:
> > I would however be the only one who
> > actually removes the files from the repository; this because I think it's
> > a good idea that someone always should double-check that the bug really
> > was fixed.
>
> I hope that unverifiable bugs have a removal process when it is suspected
> that they don't/no longer exist.

Those should be marked as 'unclear'. Plus maybe a more specific note in
texidoc.

See readme.txt for how to bugs are "marked"... I chose to use a rather minimal
set of markings to start with, the plan is to change this whenever there is a
need for it.

BTW, I added a new marking, "important". It's a way to help developers to show
which bugs that really need fixing (at least before the next major version),
but which aren't so critical that they should be fixed before the next minor
release. I also added another marking, "warning", for my own sake. It tells
whether the bug is that too many/few warnings are printed.

> Good work,

thanks!

Erik