Re: Bug scope

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Bug scope
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:47:37 +0200

Mats Bengtsson writes:

> Do you and Jan intend to review the CVS submissions?

No, don't worry ;-)

We'll correct mistakes, if we see them, but you're most invited to do
that too.  `Interesting' changelog entries may trigger to take a look
at a change.

> There's a risk that when I or someone else of us with CVS access try
> to correct the manual, we actually just document a misconception of
> ours.

Yes, there is always a risk that a change is not an improvement.  But
if you do not [try to] correct it, there is the certainty that lily
will not get better.

If you're not entirely sure the fix is correct, you insert a @c FIXME:
xxx comment.

If you're almost sure the fix is incorrect, feel free to mail the
output of cvs diff to the -devel list before committing.

This is what I do, with hanwen as my -devel list.  We'll want to
substitute -devel with -hackers, once it's up.

Besides, just doing it is the best way to learn about Lily.

>     /Mats (who worked with quality assurance many years ago)

Jan `who needs qa when you got users' :-P