Re: lily in scheme : using music expressions

From: David Brandon
Subject: Re: lily in scheme : using music expressions
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:39:46 -0400

I'm a little bit worried about the architectural implications of this entire line of discussion. I mean, lilypond syntax is already a bit of a frankenstein monster of mixed TeX and scheme. I think encouraging too much embedded scheme is an approach which has the potential to make lilypond source files unreadable. From a language point of view, by which I mean the lilypond language, I think it would be cleaner to have separate scheme extension modules which define new lilypond commands and are loaded via some kind of \import "module.scm" or some such.

Or am I just crazy? Does everyone else think this is the right way to go?

David

--
David Brandon/address@hidden
The contents of David Brandon may not be suitable for all viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.