Re: lily in scheme : using music expressions

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: lily in scheme : using music expressions
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:56:52 +0200

Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:39:46 -0400, David a dit :

 > I'm a little bit worried about the architectural implications of this
 > entire line of discussion.  I mean, lilypond syntax is already a bit
 > of a frankenstein monster of mixed TeX and scheme.  I think
 > encouraging too much embedded scheme is an approach which has the
 > potential to make lilypond source files unreadable.  From a language
 > point of view, by which I mean the lilypond language, I think it would
 > be cleaner to have separate scheme extension modules which define new
 > lilypond commands and are loaded via some kind of \import "module.scm"
 > or some such.

 > Or am I just crazy?  Does everyone else think this is the right way to
 > go?

There may be More Than One Way(tm) to do things.
I'm just investigating a path, which may lead nowhere.

I can't agree however with the argument: potentially
unreadable/dangerous/whatever. This feature is intended to ease the
creation of commands (by using more LilyPond syntax and less Scheme),
which in turn make your lilypond score lighter, thus more
readable.

nicolas