improving the doc appearance

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: improving the doc appearance
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:13:23 +0200 (CEST)

I ask the docmeister to do the following in the texinfo input files,
improving the appearance of the output if viewed with `info' (gee,
there are still dolts like me who do that :-)

  . Remove multiple spaces between words.  Things like

       this is  stretched     text

    appear as-is.  I suggest to have two spaces after a sentence
    ending (which makes the input file easier to edit with Emacs), but
    this isn't necessary.

  . Remove all unnecessary indentation.  For example, don't do this:

      this is a text
        which has some
        unnecessary indentation --

      note that this also is valid for

      @example
        example
          blocks
        like this example
      @end example

    but this (starting in the first column):

      this is a text
      which has some
      unnecessary indentation --

      note that this also is valid for

      @example
      example
        blocks
      like this example
      @end example

    BTW, the excessive indentation is bad with both HTML and DVI
    output too.

       Werner