Re: state of building web (too many nodes, and missing examples)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: state of building web (too many nodes, and missing examples)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:58:02 -0700

On 10-Sep-04, at 6:04 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Also, due to the large number of warnings (most of which are caused by
the ancient notation code, incidentally), it is rather unconvenient to
use the warnings of a make web run for checking correctness.

That's one thing I'll be working on fixing.  Not necessarily in my first
run at editing the manual, but soon after that.  A warning that gets
ignored -- a warning that "should" be ignored -- is worse than useless,
since it makes us ignore all warnings.

Incidentally, is there a good way to deal with
input/test/engraver-example.lyinc ?
It gets called a few times, mostly with various options removed (like
removing the staff lines, the beams, etc).  When something is removed,
LilyPond complains about notation devoted to that.  For example,
for the times when beaming has been removed, "c8[ d]"  produces a
warning about the beams.

Is there any nice way to fix this so that it doesn't produce a warning in
this case?