Re: Does "-f tex --tex" influence char selection?

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: Does "-f tex --tex" influence char selection?
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:37:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> address@hidden writes:
> >
> > > Seems ok here, also with -f tex --tex.
> > >

> > That is, the result looks for you pretty much like the attachment that I
> > sent?  That would be extremely strange, because in the manual on
> > lilypond.org (as well as in my local repository here) it looks wrong; i.e.
> > for both, you and me, running from command line seems to work while
> > building the docu does not.
>
> I might be mistaken, but I see ligatures and an ancient clef at
>

> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.3/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/White-mensural-ligatures.html#White-mensural-ligatures
>
> it could be that the previous update was before I cleaned the fonts,
> though.
>
> I do get a longa printed through the 2nd ligature. Is that what you
> mean?

Exactly, that is what I am talking about.  It should be a short note head
(much like a brevis), without cauda, just like in the attachment that I
sent.

> I get that longa from the command line as well, both with -f tex and
> with direct PS.

Ah, ok, thanks, that is what I wanted to know (though this sounds now even
more confusing to me).  I guess I have to debug lily's TeX output to track
down this bug.  This may take a while...

Thanks & greetings,
Jürgen