problems with betweensystempadding

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: problems with betweensystempadding
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:10:20 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> [CVS 2004-09-17 8:10]
>
> The `betweensystempadding' property doesn't work as expected if there
> are page breaks.  In the example below, the first page isn't filled as
> it should be.  Increase `linewidth' to 40\mm (so that only a single
> page is used), and you get a correct result.

This is is probably related to a hack, which doesn't spread the
systems if the page is very empty.  Can you tell me what the proper
solution should be?

1. as is,  but with a different threshold (now, the page isn't stretched
   if more than 1/3 is empty)

2. have raggedbottomlast switched on by default

3. have raggedbottom switched on by default

I want to prevent that a score with only two systems is formatted with
one at the top of the page, and one at the bottom.