Re: 3.0

From: Pedro Kroger
Subject: Re: 3.0
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 21:24:34 -0300

Han-Wen Nienhuys  <address@hidden> writes:

> 3.0 is almost ready. For the 3.0 release

that's great!

> 1. I've put back TeX as the default backend.  I welcome patches that
>   will Do The Right thing for encodings and landscape options of
>   \bookpaper.

may I ask why have you put the TeX back-end back as the default?
although not yet perfect the ps back-end is getting in good shape every
release. (I just finished a music for violin, cello, piano and strings
using it and the score is looking pretty good!) Is the encoding thing?
(I know it's pretty hairy)

> There is also some other good news: some of the dependencies for the
> LilyPond GNOME backend have been released or are almost ready to be
> released. This means that in a short while we will have "native"
> point-and-click, without requiring TeX or DVI.

that *is* a good news! as soon as I put my "snapshot" package in shape
I'll look at it again.

Pedro