Re: 3.0 -- gnome backend

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: 3.0 -- gnome backend
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 22:29:23 +0200

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:

> Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:
>
>> I recall that it wasn't so long ago that not all distributions shipped
>> with fontconfig, which  is instrumental in getting fonts from
>> ~/.fonts/ configured correctly.
>
> That's it!  xset/xlsfonts has nothing todo with gnome/pango fonts.  It
> seems gnome-font-install doesn't either.
>
> It's the fontconfig package; lilypond fonts should show up in fc-list.
>
> My fontconfig documentation says it looks in /usr/share/fonts and
> ~/.fonts.  To have fontconfig look in other directories, make a
>
> ~/.fonts.conf:
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
> <fontconfig>
> <dir>~/cvs/savannah/lilypond/lilypond/mf/out</dir>
> </match>
> </fontconfig>

(without the </match> closing tag)

$ cat ~/.fonts.conf
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
<dir>~/cvs/lilypond/mf/out</dir>
</fontconfig>
$ fc-cache -f
$ fc-list | grep -i lilypond
LilyPond\-feta\-din:style=Regular
LilyPond\-feta\-braces\-a:style=Regular
LilyPond\-feta\-braces\-c:style=Regular
LilyPond\-feta\-braces\-b:style=Regular
LilyPond\-feta\-braces\-e:style=Regular
LilyPond\-feta\-braces\-d:style=Regular
LilyPond\-feta\-braces\-g:style=Regular
LilyPond\-feta\-braces\-f:style=Regular
LilyPond\-feta\-braces\-i:style=Regular
LilyPond\-feta\-braces\-h:style=Regular
LilyPond\-feta\-nummer:style=Regular
LilyPond\-parmesan:style=Regular
LilyPond\-feta:style=Regular

but still no feta glyphs displayed when invoking lilypond -fgnome.

I'll try with defoma.

nicolas