Re: btw, articulation grouping

From: Giancarlo Niccolai
Subject: Re: btw, articulation grouping
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 00:16:27 +0100

Alle 00:03, domenica 21 novembre 2004, hai scritto:

> It's generally easier to get started by implementing things in guile
> (scheme), rather than starting off playing with the parser.

Actually, I am quite fresh on parsers (just developed a language), however, I
sense you are right in the idea of "starting slow"; however, although I have
some basic knowledge of scheme, I suppose I can only hack around
copying&pasting other's code for a while, as I am rusty ATM with that
language.

Of course, as lilypond target are much more musichans than hard core hackers
(ya know, that bunch of guys programming in lisp/scheme all day ;-) I suppose
that as version number get higher, scheme slang will be progressively
replaced with musichan friendly commands, am I right?

If it's so, I agree making a scheme function to do that job.

> Hope this helps,

Yes; I'll try as soon as I can (uhm, quite busy the next few days, including
tomorrow, so it may be in a week or so).

Tnx.
Giancarlo Niccolai.