MediaWiki support

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: MediaWiki support
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:51:27 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> Hi,
>
> I just hacked mediawiki a bit in order to embed music in wikipedia. I use
> lilypond-book for this (I know, I know, it is overkill. But it's easy,
> too!). To use my work, apply the patch and in LocalSettings.php, set
> $wgUseLilypond = true and $wgLilypondBook according to your installation.
>
> The only reason I am posting this here, and not on the mediawiki list, is
> that I don't really know if there are security issues. I thought I could
> specify
>
>       lilypond-book -P "lilypond --safe" --output out test.html
>
> in order to be on the safe side, but lilypond fails (output below). Note
> that a similar error occurs when just specifying -P lilypond. Is this the
> way to go, or is it my mistake?

lilypond-book does some trickery to make sure that

  \score

blocks are dumped system by system (so you can have page breaks in
between for TeX documents.). This trickery doesn't jibe with
--safe. My suggestion is to skip lilypond-book altogether. Extract the
ly code directly, and invoke as

       lilypond --safe --format=ps --png --pdf FILE

this will make a .png and .pdf for the file specified.