Re: [bug] 2.5.2 breaks ancient notation

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: [bug] 2.5.2 breaks ancient notation
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 17:35:06 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, Erik Sandberg wrote:

> On Friday 26 November 2004 23.11, Juergen Reuter wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Hmmh, it seems something changed between 2.5.1 and 2.5.2 such that
> > ligatures are (once again) broken, see e.g. manual, sections 5.16.10.1 and
> > 5.16.11: some heads of the ligatures are missing.  Maybe someone changed
> > something relevant in the parser?
>
> Did you rebuild your fonts? (try make clean;make or similar)

I just looked at the documentation for 2.5.2 on the lilypond website.
Maybe Han-Wen did not rebuild the fonts.  However, I am pretty sure he
did, because otherwise the neumes table in section 5.16.10.2 (Gregorian
square neumes ligatures) would also have been messed up; but the table
looks fine.  Hence, I guess it's not a font problem, but rather a problem
of the engravers catching the right music events, which may be related to
some recent change in the parser (just a guess).

Greetings,
Jürgen