markups: s/<>/{}/

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: markups: s/<>/{}/
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:22:24 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> Hi
>
> Here is a patch for changing < ... > by { ... } in markups.
> I had some reduce/reduce conflicts, so I had to rearrange the markup
> rules a bit in order to get rid off them.
>
> As this is not exactly trivial (for me), I send the patch to the list
> before commiting, for comments. May I?
>
> make web does not fail, the output in regression/ seems OK at first
> sight.
>
> There is one thing I have not done yet: adding a rule in convert-ly.

I'm not sure that it will be feasible to add convert-ly rules, since
you have to deal with correctly nesting { }

> +markup:
> +     markup_head_1_list markup_list  {
> +             $$ = scm_list_2 (ly_scheme_function ("line-markup"),
> +                             scm_call_2 (ly_scheme_function
> ("map-markup-command-list"), $1, $2));
>       }

I'm not sure if it's feasible, but one thing that I did have in mind
is to convert

     { c b \bold { d e } f g }

     { c b \bold  d \bold e f g }

ie. flattening a (markup_head_1_list + markup_list) that is inside a
markup_list. I think that you will need some more rules, but can you
try if you can make it work? Then, we won't have to introduce
additional artificial line-markup commands.

Other than that, my compliments - this looks just way cool!