Re: LilyPond 2.5: isinf macro/function/template

From: Andreas Scherer
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.5: isinf macro/function/template
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 19:32:54 +0100

On Sunday 28 November 2004 16:25, Christian Hitz wrote:
> I got lilypond 2.5.2 to compile by doing the following things:
>
> - set _GLIBCPP_USE_C99 before #include <cmath> in the files that use
> isinf/isnan
> - replace each occurrence of isinf/isnan with std::isinf/std::isnan
>
> I don't know if this breaks compilation on linux.

The first step is (at least on /this/ GNU/Linux) already done, so the
templated versions of the C99 functions do exist after including <cmath>.
Plus, gcc/g++ on GNU/Linux readily (too readily?!) puts this stuff in the
"std::" namespace plus exports it to the global namespace (as shown in my C++
example code; maybe one would have to use a commandline option to force some
specific behaviour).

So, I don't think your approach would (in the short run) break anything for
Linux.  However, at least the _GLIBCPP_USE_C99 macro setting should be dealt
with by the auto-configure setup and be put into some central configuration.

At least, there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel. :-)

Andreas