pango

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: pango
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:29:30 +0100

Hi,

I've looked at the documentation of Pango, but I'm still a bit
mystified. I can get a OT font into pango, with

           PangoOTInfo *pango_ot_info_get (FT_Face face);

in the end, I need to run

   pango_shape()

to convert a UTF8 string to a PangoGlyphString. Should I try to get a
PangoFont from a PangoOTInfo ?  Or should the PangoFont just be loaded
through pango itself?

And then, I assume that there needs to be Pango a rendering backend,
to know the resolution at which the font is going to be rendered (for
example, with the FT2 backend, you need to set a DPI value).