Re: transpose, transposition, and relative

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: transpose, transposition, and relative
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:40:52 +0000

Oops ... my bad here ... I've just seen the sentence about MIDI output and how
it doesn't affect printing.

But I would still respectfully suggest that it *should* affect printing, it
seems to me we have here a generic solution being applied over-narrowly to a
specific problem.

Let's say I want to enter a Bb part in Bb. If I understand things correctly, I
now correct the MIDI output to true pitch by using a \transposition statement
in the note *input* section, but I correct the printed output to true pitch by
using a \transpose statement in the *output* section. That doesn't make sense
to me :-(