Re: smooth CFF fonts?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: smooth CFF fonts?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:20:16 +0100

Are you sure that you used the same settings in Acrobat. At least in
newer versions of Acrobat, there are options under Preferences to
specify how text should be smoothed on screen. The result may also
depend on your particular version of ps2pdf (or rather of Ghostscript)
which is used to convert the Postscript into PDF.

Also, I hope you use all the dvips flags described at the bottom of
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Integrating-LaTeX-and-music.html#Integrating-LaTeX-and-music
if you run dvips manually. Otherwise, you will get bit-mapped fonts
for music and/or text which certainly will look bad in Acrobat.

   /Mats