Re: easier LilyPond tutorial?

From: Szabó Árpád Zoltán
Subject: Re: easier LilyPond tutorial?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:01:08 +0100

> In message <address@hidden>, Han-Wen Nienhuys
> <address@hidden> writes
> >
> >[please forward to appropriate editor development lists]
> >
> >Hi there!
> >
> >I have a question for the lily4jEdit developers.
> >
> >Yesterday Jan & I discussed how we could lower the barrier to start
> >using LilyPond. One the things we discussed was a better way to start
> >using LilyPond. Right now, this involves a newbie user
> >
> > * having to read the tutorial
> >
> > * learning the concept of text-editor, and learning to use it.
> >
> > * learning the concept of command-line, and learning to use it.
> >
> > * learning about debug-edit-compile

Hi!

This is my first post around here, so please forgive me if it was discussed
here (pointers in the list-archive are welcome), but don't you think it
would be a good idea to build a web-based lilypond service? The whole thing
could work very much like noteserver.org: a web server, a scripting language
(let it be eg. php, which I'm literated in the most), and the latest stable
release of LilyPond installed on the same machine could do it.

This won't solve everything of the above learning barriers, but could be
helpful at the first steps of many newcomers, if they don't have to install
the software. For the average MsWindows users without experience in
unix-like systems I believe it is hard to get the concept of Cygwin also.

--
SZABÓ Árpád Zoltán