Re: Feature request (?): Horizontal spacing

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Feature request (?): Horizontal spacing
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:10:30 +0100

On Friday 11 March 2005 02.50, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> That's not the problem. The real problem is that we can't determine
> the number of pages necessary (the amount of vertical space required)
> until after line breaking has been decided. This is because the
> vertical space required may change due to hara kiri staves.

Hm - would it then be possible to have a setting that would force a score to
occupy a given number of lines? This is just about what I am looking for.

> > My request is just to make a threshold value tweakable (and I'm hoping
> > that this variable already exists somewhere, so that the request wouldn't
> > be too hard to implement).
>
> Why don't you just space the piece a little wider?

Sorry, I don't understand.. It seems that I'm missing something. The only way
I know how to space it wider, is to add manual line breaks. Are there other
methods?

Erik