Re: Feature request (?): Horizontal spacing

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Feature request (?): Horizontal spacing
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:22:40 +0100

Also, I'm not sure that the text on the page is fully correct (for the
technically included users). Especially the paragraph on top of the
first score looks wrong to me. However, I'm not sure I understand all
the details well enough. Could you or Han-Wen take a careful look at
the text to make sure it's accurate.

   /Mats

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:

I know how to space it wider, is to add manual line breaks. Are there other methods?

Yes.  Read Our Fine Manual.

IWBN, if

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Horizontal-spacing.html#Horizontal-spacing

which explains what happens exactly for the technically inclined user,
would show three examples of how to set these parameters to obtain a
normal, tight and widely spaced music, resulting in less lines
(tight), and more pages (loose).

Jan.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing