comments on fixcc.py

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: comments on fixcc.py
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:14:51 +0100 (CET)

[CVS 2005-03-13 00:00]

To provide fixcc.py is a nice idea!  Here some comments on parts where
its formatting is not optimal.

  o After the word `operator' I suggest that a space remains.  Example:

     Interval_t<T> &operator *= (T r)
                            ^
    Currently, fixcc.py removes it.

  o Do you really want the name of a typedef'd structure in a new
    line?  Example:

      typedef struct
      {
      }
        cookie_io_functions_t;

  o Here an example where fixcc.py inserts too much spaces IMHO:

      int compare (PQueue_ent < K, T> const &e1, PQueue_ent < K, T> const &e2)
                               ^

  o This:

      } else {

    is converted to

        }
      else

        {

    Note the empty line after `else' which doesn't look right to me.

  o In flower/memory-stream.cc I see that

      cookie_io_functions_t
      Memory_out_stream::functions_ = {
        Memory_out_stream::reader,
      }

    is converted to

      cookie_io_functions_t
      Memory_out_stream::functions_
      = {
        Memory_out_stream::reader,
      }

    Wouldn't it be better to leave the `=' on the line before?
    Otherwise, the indentation should be fixed IMHO.

  o An empty `if' clause or `while' look really bad now: This

      if ( abs (f) > abs (d) * FUDGE)
        ;

    becomes

      if (abs (f) > abs (d) * FUDGE);