Re: comments on fixcc.py

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: comments on fixcc.py
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:27:25 +0100

Werner LEMBERG writes:

> To provide fixcc.py is a nice idea!

Thanks.  I like consistent formatting, which fixcc is good at ;-)

> Here some comments on parts where its formatting is not optimal.

I agree with your suggestions, but most seem non-trivial.  I would be
delighted if you could fix some of them, otherwise they'll probably
have to wait a bit.  Another big problem is ascii art.  Emacs
cc-mode's indent-region breaks ascii-art such as

    /*

         x|
     */

I haven't reported this yet.  A solution is to use

    /*
     *    |x
     *    |
     *   x|
     */

>   o After the word `operator' I suggest that a space remains.

Fixed.

Jan.